General Garment Care
Machine wash in cold water, gentle cycle. Use Carbon clothes wash like our Scent Shield X-Factor Laundry Detergent or non-scented sport wash. Do not use bleach or softeners.
Air dry completely, or dry on high heat for non-waterproof items, low heat for items with a waterproof membrane. Undergarments and head covers may require more frequent wash and dryer cycles.
Do not dry clean, do not use cover scents or waterproofing products. Commercial dryers may damage trims, use with caution.
Reactivate the Tech
Reactivate for 30-40 minutes in your dryer on high heat for non-waterproof items, low heat for items with a waterproof membrane. Reactivate when you first receive your order and repeat regeneration process every 30-40 hours of actual use. Store in an air-tight container. For best results store in a carbon lined bag to help control scent from entering your garment when you’re not hunting, and to prevent it from adsorbing odors. Wash the item following the process above only if the garment becomes soiled, i.e., mud or blood. If a small area becomes soiled, simply spot wash with a damp cloth.
Follow these steps to make yourself, your garments, and your gear as effective as possible.
Reducing External Odor
- Shower with Scent Shield X-Factor Soap – liquid or bar
- Wash hair with Scent Shield X-Factor Shampoo & Conditioner
- Apply Scent Shield X-Factor Underarm Antiperspirant/Deodorant
- Always wear head covers in addition to jackets, pants and gloves.
Clothing Preparation for the Shield Series with S3™
- Wash all clothing, including under & outerwear, socks, etc in Scent Shield X-Factor Laundry Detergent, or a scent and UV brightener-free laundry detergent. Be sure all outer garments and accessories are as scent free as possible.
- Let dry completely and store in an airtight container.
- For best results, store in a carbon lined bag. Do not store garments wet.
Clothing Preparation for ScentBlocker with Cold Fusion Carbon™
- Machine wash in cold water, gentle cycle with Scent Shield X-Factor Laundry Detergent, or a scent and UV brightener-free laundry detergent
- Be sure all outer garments and accessories are as scent free as possible. Normal wear should result in 2-3 wash cycles per season.
- Let dry completely and re-activate the garment before use in the field.
- For best results, store in a carbon lined bag. Repeat process every 30-40 hours of use. Do not store garments wet.
Scent Shield X-Factor Clothes & Boot Spray works wet or dry to adsorb, prevent, neutralize, and oxidize human and other odors. Can also be used on equipment. We recommend spot testing for the appearance of residue on gear, such as your bow.